Changes to Administrative Processes
The practice will shortly be making changes to our administrative processes, which will help our staff to work both more efficiently and effectively as well as allowing us to more readily offer our patients a wider range of services from across our Primary Care Network (PCN).
To facilitate these changes, we will be enabling additional functionality within our clinical computer systems, which will link the practices within the PCN and allow them to function as a single unit. This will mean that staff at other sites will be able to access your medical records, however this will only happen when absolutely necessary in cases that directly relate to the provision of care to you as a patient. All of our staff sign confidentiality agreements to further ensure the security of your information.
If you do not wish for your records to be accessible at other practices within our group, you are entitled to opt-out of this process. Please call your practice and speak to the reception team who will be happy to provide you with an opt-out form.
Our PCN, South Coast Medical Group, is composed of the following practices:
- Crescent Providence Surgery, 12 Walpole Road, Bournemouth, BH1 4HA
- Grove Surgery, Fairmile Road, Christchurch, BH23 2FQ
- Marine Surgery, 29 Belle Vue Road, Bournemouth, BH6 3DB
- Oakridge Surgery, 1206 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH7 6DY
- Strouden Park Medical Centre, 2a Bradpole Road, Bournemouth, BH8 9NX
- Village Medical Practice, 164 Station Road, West Moors, BH22 0JB
- Woodlea House Surgery, 1 Crantock Grove, Bournemouth, BH8 0HS
If you’d like more information about our PCN, please see here